Legal / Regulatory & Consumer Resources
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- INFORMATION WE SHARE
- NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY
- INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
- CONTACTING US
- UPDATING THIS POLICY
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We collect personal information about you in various ways. We may also get information from other sources, including from affiliates, and may combine it with information we collect about you. Personal information does not include information that is not used to identify you, including aggregate or anonymous information.
Information you give us. The personal information we collect includes information you give us, such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, social security number or other government identification number, demographics, activities, location information, and personal preferences. You may give us information in a variety of ways, including when you sign up for Services, communicate with customer care or register on www.sprint.com.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including providing you with Services. We use your personal information to do things like:
- Process your orders.
- Protect our rights and property and those of our customers.
- Respond to legal process and emergencies.
- Develop or inform you of new products and services.
- Anonymize or aggregate personal information for various purposes like market analysis or traffic flow analysis and reporting.
- Monitor, evaluate or improve our products, Services, systems, or networks.
- Customize or personalize your experience with our Services.
- Customize or personalize online advertising to bring you information about products and services of Sprint or others that may interest you, including co-branded offers.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not share information that identifies you personally with third parties other than as follows:
Affiliates. We may share personal and non-personal information with affiliated entities for approved business purposes.
Service Providers. We may share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf.
Group Account Holders. We offer group accounts to business and government customers, family customers and other group account holders ("Group Accounts"). The account holder for Group Accounts is the entity or person that buys the service or product for its employees, family members or other authorized users. You (as the user of a device) may receive service, certain pricing, terms or other benefits through a Group Account with us. If so, we may share with that Group Account holder customer registration and other information related to your use of our services.
Third Party Verification Services. We may share limited personal information (e.g., address, phone number) with non-Sprint entities to assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft.
Other Third Parties with Your Consent. We may share information with other third parties with your consent. For example, you may agree to our sharing your information with other third parties to hear about their products and services. Use of the information you agree to share will be subject to those third parties' separate privacy policies.
Business Transfers. Personal information about you may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset.
Protection of Sprint and Others. We may access, monitor, use or disclose your personal information or communications to do things such as:
- comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process;
- respond to emergencies;
- initiate, render, bill, and collect for services; or
- facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government requirement; or determine eligibility for government benefits.
We may share information that is de-identified or in an aggregated form that does not directly identify you. We share de-identified or aggregate information for purposes such as to:
- Conduct market or traffic flow analysis and reporting or produce or facilitate production by others of business and marketing reports to share with third parties. For example, we may aggregate customer information across a particular region and create a report showing that 10,000 subscribers from a given city visited a sports stadium. If you do not wish for us to use your information to produce de-identified and aggregated data sets in the reports we share with third parties, you may opt out at any time. See sprint.com/privacy for details.
- With your opt-in consent only, customize or personalize advertising based on information we collect about your use of your wireless device in order to provide wireless service to you. For example, we may use information about your mobile web browsing or use of mobile applications to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, and we may share de-identified information about your use of your device with third parties so that they can tailor advertising to your interests based on that information. To participate in this program, you must opt in. See sprint.com/privacy for details on how to do so.
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These safeguards help protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Be sure to use a strong password to access your information on Sprint.com and not one you use for other services. You can learn more about how you can protect your information by reviewing our privacy FAQs.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
We offer you choices regarding how we contact you for marketing-related communications and whether we use information regarding your online or mobile web activities for marketing purposes. We also offer you choices regarding the use of de-identified information to make ads you see on your mobile device more relevant and to produce or facilitate production of business and marketing reports shared with third parties. Visit sprint.com/privacy to learn about your choices and how to register your privacy preferences with us.
You also may register a do-not-contact request by calling Sprint customer care or sending an email to email@example.com. If you register a do-not-contact request, we still may contact you for non-promotional purposes, such as emails or wireless messages related to your accounts or our ongoing business relations. For details on Sprint's do-not-contact practices, including how we honor consumer and business customer do-not-contact requests, please visit sprint.com/privacy.
If you disable cookies on your Internet browser, you also may stop some collection and use of data when you visit our web sites. If you would like to change certain Sprint account information, you may create an online account and manage your account online. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
You must be 18 or otherwise have legal capacity to subscribe to Sprint services. Nevertheless, as part of the Unlimited, My Way Student Promotion, a parent or legal guardian may provide a Sprint device to a child under the age of 13. In such cases, Sprint takes steps to minimize the data it collects from Sprint applications on the device and provides parents resources to control the information children can share with other parties. In some instances, a parent may be able to review or request deletion of the personal information collected from a child's device, or take steps to prevent further collection of such information. If you have any questions about Sprint's policies for student phones or about how to control the information collected on them from users under 13, or if you wish to correct or delete any personal information provided to Sprint on a student phone used by a child under 13, you can contact us using the contact information below. You may also control the content your child may access by logging into sprint.com/manage, and reviewing the My Preferences tab.
If you have any questions about, or complaints that concern, this Policy, please call us at Sprint or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, you also may write us at Office of Privacy -Legal Department, Sprint, P.O. Box 4600, Reston, Virginia 20195. To send us a legal notice relating to this Policy, send it to Our Legal Notices Address listed in, and by the method specified in, the Acceptable Use Policy.
UPDATING THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy at any time. When we change the Policy we will give notice by changing the date it was last updated or as required by law.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Sprint shares personal information between Sprint affiliates and marketing agents for marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own independent marketing purposes without your consent. California residents may request the categories of personal information Sprint shared with its affiliates during the previous calendar year, if any. To make your request, send an email to email@example.com. Written requests may be sent to the Office of Privacy -Legal Department, Sprint, P.O. Box 4600 Reston, VA 20195. Sprint will respond to these requests within 30 days. Requests that come to Sprint by other means may result in a delayed response.