Twenty-Five Ways To Suppress Truth: The Rules of Disinformation [ By H. Michael Sweeney ]
This handy set of rules covers most of the games which disinformation artists play on the Internet (and offline). When you know the tricks, you'll be able to spot the games. Even if you've read this list before, you might be surprised at how useful it is to brush up on these tricks.
Built upon Thirteen Techniques for Truth Suppression by David Martin, the following may be useful to the initiate in the world of dealing with veiled and half-truth, lies, and suppression of truth when serious crimes are studied in public forums. This, sadly, includes every day news media, one of the worst offenders with respect to being a source of disinformation. Where the crime involves a conspiracy, or a conspiracy to cover up the crime, there will invariably be a disinformation campaign launched against those seeking to uncover and expose the truth and/or the conspiracy. There are specific tactics which disinfo artists tend to apply, as revealed here. Also included with this material are seven common traits of the disinfo artist which may also prove useful in identifying players and motives.
Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation :
1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil
2. Become incredulous and indignant
3. Create rumor mongers
4. Use a straw man
5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule
6. Hit and Run
7. Question motives
8. Invoke authority
9. Play Dumb
10. Associate opponent charges with old news
11. Establish and rely upon fall-back positions
12. Enigmas have no solution
13. Alice in Wonderland Logic
14. Demand complete solutions
15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions
16. Vanish evidence and witnesses
17. Change the subject
18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad Opponents
19. Ignore proof presented, demand impossible proofs
20. False evidence
21. Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor, or other empowered investigative body
22. Manufacture a new truth
23. Create bigger distractions
24. Silence critics
Any Thought ?
Do you know any other Way to Suppress the truth and spread Disinformation?
Eight Traits of The Disinformationalist :
6. Artificial Emotions
8. Newly Discovered: Time Constant
The more a particular party fits the traits and is guilty of following the rules, the more likely they are a professional disinfo artist with a vested motive. People can be bought, threatened, or blackmailed into providing disinformation, so even "good guys" can be suspect in many cases.
edit on 1-12-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)