Hacker Attack! How It Works...
By Paul Gil, Internet Basics Expert
Updated March 27, 2016.
Have you wondered how serious hacker and worm attacks really are? And have you wondered how exactly they work?
Jacques Erasmus is a 'noble' hacker, or 'white hat' hacker. Once an adolescent who would break into computer systems for thrills, Jacques is now a well-paid security professional who designs countermeasures against hackers and computer intruders.
In a shocking video interview with BCC World, Jacques demonstrates how an unprotected Windows XP machine will become assaulted within seconds of connecting to the Net. Then, with worms and 'zombie' programs, that unprotected PC will become a servant to a crime ring.
Continue Reading Below
From Jacques: "The new breed of hackers are driven by money, that's their main motivation, extorting businesses and other institutions. A few years ago it was just guys doing it out of fun."
Next: How to Lock Down Your PC Against Hackers and Viruses!
Popular Articles at About.com:
- What Is Uber? How Does Uber Work?
- What Is an Internet Meme?
- What Is a Hacker?
- The Best Hacker Movies of All Time
- Why You Should Use a VPN to Protect Yourself
- The Most Addictive Websites
See Also: Lock Down Your Internet PC!
- Why Is Uber So Controversial?
- What Is 'TLDR'?
- Why Would You Ever Create a Meme?
- How to Make an Internet Meme
- All About.com Guides to Internet Terms and Acronyms
- What Is 'RTFM'? What Does RTFM Mean?
- What Is '<Crickets>'? What Does <Crickets> Mean?